Thursday, March 18, 2010

Interview with Johnny Partridge - Leader!

We chatted to the SMILIES Leader, Johnny Partridge, to talk about the new album and his opinions of things and also the name change.

Hello John, thankyou for talking to us today.
Now that you are finished your songs for the new album, what are you set for doing now?
Ohh we are all going to start working on the whole album now! We'll be doing the whole songs and recording them now then hopefully they'll be done by at least two months.

So, It's going to be released in the Summer, yeah?
Yup, It is.

Are you nervous about it?
Yeah but I'm also excited about it too. I can't wait to perform songs with the group. But as you said, I will be nervous too, because I'm afraid it mightn't do well... and also our singles.

What is you're favourite song on the new album, 'Are We Okay'?
Omm...favourite song? That's pretty hard there! All of them are, you see. But nah, one of them Im crazy about is Lovable. Everyone in the group loves that one!

Aww, so what made you choose Are We Okay as the name of the new album?
It wasn't just me, I hope you know! (Laughs) Me and the guys were just thinking of someone that would suit all of US. You get me?

Which is you're least favourite song on the album?
Do you need to ask me that?! None. No way! All, I love. I wouldn't dare to dissapoint. Not one song is unbearable. (Smiles)

You're new name Smilies...what made you come up with it?
Ohh I just thought of changing the name because everyone was too bored of the name Cuties, you know?
Well, it is absolutely a splendid name for the group I think.
It has a kind of non-serious change about it because they particulary sound the same. They're alike. That's the whole point. I didn't want people to hate me for making it a un-realistic name as some original members are very well known.

Ahh that's all we have for today John,sorry. Lots of luck with you're new album!
You're alright darling. Thanks very much.